It’s easy to recreate the same meal over and over until you tire of it. Given the limited amount of time to whip something together before heading to work, school, etc., breakfast needs its fast and easy staples. (Not that you’ll get your daily vitamins through this recipe, but there’s lunch and dinner to make up for it, right?) Love Taza/Rockstar Diaries is my absolute favorite blog, and when Naomi Davis, the main writer behind the blog, debuted this puffed pancake recipe that she has grown up with, I knew my arteries were in for it. The pancake is essentially a pancake/French toast hybrid, with a crispy crust, yet soft overall texture, and is super simple.
See below the pictures for Naomi’s recipe!
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, flour, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
- While the oven is preheating, melt the butter in a pie pan or 9 inch square pan.
- Pour the batter into the hot melted buttered pan.
- Bake 10-12 minutes (or until the pancake is firm and has puffed around the edges).
- The pancake will shrink down a bit after coming out of the oven (that’s ok.)* serve right away with lemon juice, powdered sugar, maple syrup, or fruit.
*You may think your oven is brewing a sea monster (I thought I had done it disastrously wrong), yet the pancake will shrink a good amount.