Popcorn is one of the easiest snack foods to alternate depending on mood. Caramel, cheese, and kettle corn are popular varieties, and however appetizing movie theater popcorn may be pre-movie viewing (plus that overpriced slurpee), its hoardes of butter and chemicals soon leave their mark. This truffled popcorn, created by chef Patrick O’Connell of The Inn at Little Washington, may not be healthy, but is a gourmet twist that includes truffle oil, certainly the MVP of this popcorn. Recipe below. Enjoy!!
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels, popped
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup truffle oil
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 small fresh white or black truffle (optional)
Place popcorn in a large bowl; add butter and truffle oil and toss to coat. Add cheese, parsley, and sugar and season with salt and pepper; toss to combine. Grate truffle over popcorn just before serving, if desired.
* Recipe courtesy of Martha Stewart. Found here.