- 3 Haas avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
In a large bowl place the scooped avocado pulp and lime juice, toss to coat. Drain, and reserve the lime juice, after all of the avocados have been coated. Using a potato masher add the salt, cumin, and cayenne and mash. Then, fold in the onions, jalapeno, tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic. Add 1 tablespoon of the reserved lime juice. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour and then serve.Chips
- Twelve 6-inch corn tortillas (preferably white)
- 2 cups canola oil
- Sea salt (I used Maldon)
1. Divide tortillas into 6 evenly-sliced sections.
2. In a shallow pan, heat 2 cups of canola oil to 350° F and simmer tortilla chips, rotating once puffy. Remove from heat once edges are slightly browned.
3. Remove to paper towel-lined plate, dabbing off excess grease. Add sea salt and serve immediately.
*Recipe courtesy of Alton Brown.