Chocolate crinkles, often left out for Santa or handed out on holiday cookie platters, are about as inappropriate for the current weather as you can get. They are, however, one of the quickest fixes once that specific cookie craving sets in, and are neither chewy nor crunchy, but dense with a light cocoa flavor. Recipe below the pictures-enjoy!!
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
1. Combine cocoa, sugar, and vegetable oil together in large bowl.
2. Beat four eggs in cocoa mixture, adding one at a time. Stir in vanilla.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to cocoa mixture. Cover with Saran wrap and set in refrigerator for four hours.
Preheat oven to 325.
4. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Shape dough into inch round balls. Roll each in confectioners’ sugar until covered, pressing lightly on their tops. Place on baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.